The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal

FAQ’s

Do I have to file on all my debts?

Do I Have To File On All My Debts? Yes, even if you plan on keeping the asset (such as a home mortgage or car loan), even if you know they won’t get discharged (such as taxes, student loans or child support) and even if it’s a credit card you wanted to keep. They and...

Do I Have To File On All My Debts

Do I Have To File On All My Debts? Yes, even if you plan on keeping the asset (such as a home mortgage or car loan), even if you know they won’t get discharged (such as taxes, student loans or child support) and even if it’s a credit card you wanted to keep. They and...

What are my options on my second mortgage?

What Are My Options On My Second Mortgage? I will start out with a very simple premise for my Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 clients, which I call the 10-word rule: If you want to keep your house, make the payments. (Same rule applies for cars). The 10-word rule covers 95%...

What are my options on my second mortgage?

I will start out with a very simple premise for my Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 clients, which I call the 10-word rule: If you want to keep your house, make the payments. (Same rule applies for cars). The 10-word rule covers 95% of what you need to know. The other 5% is...

Can I keep my tax refund?

The quick answer is that you can almost always protect your tax refund. There are several different scenarios at play, so first, it is best to understand your rights outside of bankruptcy, and then I will address what happens to your tax refund when you file...

Archives