Prior to filing for bankruptcy relief, a consumer debtor must complete an accredited course, and obtain a certificate, showing that they entered certain information with a third-party outfit. This is one of the more ludicrous provisions of the 2005 overhaul of the...
The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal
- Shuttered schools offer student loan relief in settlement
- Hennepin County announces grants to avoid foreclosure
- Congress takes up student loan bankruptcy-discharge bill
- Supreme Court declines to hear case involving bankruptcy discharge of student loan debt
- Why there won’t be another foreclosure stampede like 2009-2010