Not only will they not, can they not, penalize you, but you probably have a cause of action against them for ripping you off & may be entitled to a refund. This is one of the more typical horror stories I hear about people in DMP’s. You should contact a bankruptcy attorney immediately, and in the meantime cancel any automatic debits that the DMP probably required you to institute.
The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal
- Minnesota Child Support Guidelines Revised Effective January 2023
- Liability for Spouse’s Debt in Minnesota
- ‘My girlfriend owes $200,000 in medical and credit-card debt’: She wants me to settle it
- When should you file for bankruptcy?
- Department of Education to relax standard for Student Loan discharge in Bankruptcy