This usually means that you are getting toward the end of the collection cycle, that you have not had the money to pay your unsecured bills for at least a year, that your credit is probably shot, and it is probably time to call me. You have 20 days to serve a written response, called an answer, to the summons, or else they may immediately place a judgment against you, levy your bank account, and garnish your wages. If you are within the 20 day time frame, we can serve an answer on your behalf, to give us time to look into the validity of the claim and get you the breathing room to get your affairs in order for a possible bankruptcy filing. Many other bankruptcy law firms will not do an answer on your behalf because it is too much extra work; it does make us your attorney of record in a state court proceeding. This is just one example of many of how we go the extra mile to use all options at our disposal to help our clients.
The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal
- Minnesota Child Support Guidelines Revised Effective January 2023
- Liability for Spouse’s Debt in Minnesota
- ‘My girlfriend owes $200,000 in medical and credit-card debt’: She wants me to settle it
- When should you file for bankruptcy?
- Department of Education to relax standard for Student Loan discharge in Bankruptcy