Yes, even if you plan on keeping the asset (such as a home mortgage or car loan), even if you know they won’t get discharged (such as taxes, student loans or child support) and even if it’s a credit card you wanted to keep. They and your other creditors are entitled to notice of your bankruptcy. Please call me for more information specifically tailored to your situation.
The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal
- Shuttered schools offer student loan relief in settlement
- Hennepin County announces grants to avoid foreclosure
- Congress takes up student loan bankruptcy-discharge bill
- Supreme Court declines to hear case involving bankruptcy discharge of student loan debt
- Why there won’t be another foreclosure stampede like 2009-2010