The Right Attorney
When Legal Matters Become Personal

Can I get an eviction expunged from my record?

On Behalf of | Jun 3, 2014 | Bankruptcy, Firm News, Foreclosure, judgement vacation

Question: I had a house foreclosed upon, I moved out at the end of the six month redemption, and then the mortgage company apparently evicted me. The foreclosure isn’t so bad on my record, but the eviction is making it hard for me to find a place to rent. What can I do?

Answer. There is a procedure under Minnesota law to have an eviction expunged. Under these circumstances, the judge must expunge the eviction. While it can be done without an attorney, it is fairly inexpensive and seamless to have experienced local counsel take care of this for you. We have helped several people through this situation.