When Legal Matters Become Personal
Tim Theisen has been a sole practitioner with his main office in Anoka, concentrating in consumer debtor work with a dash of family law, since 1992. He has offices throughout the metro area for your convenience.
The family law made up the majority of his practice in the 1990s. He was the newsletter editor of R-KIDS of Minnesota, a noncustodial parent's grassroots lobbying group, from 1997-2007
His practice is currently 90% consumer bankruptcy and 10% family law. He has lectured before other attorneys several times on issues concerning the intersection of family law and bankruptcy, as well as second mortgage lien stripping. Tim is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the Minnesota State Bar Association, including Bankruptcy Law Section and Family Section, the Anoka County Bar Association, and the Hennepin County Bar Association.
Tim has been married since 1998, has three kids, collects rock n' roll pinball machines, captains two 4.5 tennis teams, and enjoys bicycling and waterskiing.
- Family Law
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1990
- University of Wisconsin-Madison School of Business
- Major: Information Systems
- Minnesota, 1990
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Minnesota State Bar Association, including Bankruptcy Law Section and Family Section
- Anoka County Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Current Employment Position
- Judicial Law Clerk, Judge LeRoy Yost, 1990 to 1992
Timeline Of My Career
Graduated from St. Thomas Academy
1990 - 1992
1992 - Present
The sole practice of law, primarily located in Anoka, MN